Internet access and phone calls in Åland
Did you know that Åland has its own country-code domain .ax in contrast to Finland’s usual .fi? Access has extended out to Åland and as a visitor you don’t have far to go to get on the internet.
- Most hotels, and also many hostels, campsites and holiday villages have their own wireless network that you can access.
- There are several places in Mariehamn that offer free WiFi. Most hotels, such as Adlon, Arkipelag, Cikada, Park Alandia, Pommern and Savoy have free WiFi for their guests, as well as guesthouses, for example Övernäsgården.
- Many public places such as the town library, tourist information, Shell Select and the shopping street Torggatan between the market square and buss station (Free WiFi City Mariehamn) have free WiFi.
- When you call Åland dial first Finland’s land code +358 and then Åland’s area code 18. For example: +358-18-12345.
- When you make a local call to a land based phone in Åland from a mobile phone, you must first dial the area code 018.
Important telephone numbers
General Emergency 112
Maritime rescue call center 029 41 000
Police +358 18 10 022
First aid+358 18 5355
Medical Care +358 18 538 500
Dentist +358 18 14 600
Vet +358 18 14 900
Vehicle towing 0457 313 5747, +358 18 31 747
Can't find what you are looking for?
Please feel free to contact Visit Åland if you need any further information +358 18 24000.
Tel: +358 18 24000
Fax: +358 18 24265